1. This scheme is implemented with an objective of area expansion of Horticulture Crops and the hybrid vegetable seeds and quality planting materials are distributed at 40% to 50% subsidy in total cost of cultivation. Farmer can avail maximum subsidy for an area of 2 Ha for vegetables 4 Ha for fruits.
2. This scheme is being implemented in 9 non National Horticulture Mission districts viz., Karur, Kancheepuram, Namakkal, Nagapattinam, Tiruvarur, Tiruvannamalai, Tiruvallur, Tuticorin and Virudhunagar.
3. During the 2016-17 on area of 6090 Ha brought under area expansion of Horticulture Crops at an outlay of Rs.4.12 crores benefiting 8770 farmers.
4. In the year 2017-18, 4581Ha of Horticulture Crops covered at an outlay of Rs.4.12 crores benefiting 7331 farmers.
5. During 2018-19, it is programmed to cover an area of 4906 Ha. under area expansion with the financial outlay of Rs. 4.12 Crore.