• The objective of the scheme is to promote Integrated Farming System (IFS) and to enable farmers in maximizing the farm returns for sustaining livelihood.
• Under this scheme, clusters in an area of not less than 100 Ha are chosen and the farmers in the identified clusters are eligible to avail benefits of the scheme.
• This scheme is implemented with a sharing pattern of 60:40 between Centre and State.
• During the year 2021-22, financial assistance is being provided for Integrated farming System comprising of the following three sub-components: Horticulture based farming (Main crop- Horticulture crop and intercrop – Agriculture crop), Cows/Buffaloes and Goats/Sheep. In addition to this, assistance is being provided for Vermi-beds , Farmers training and Demonstrations to the farmers.
• During this year, this scheme will be implemented in the following 23 districts of Tamil Nadu viz., Ariyalur, Cuddalore, Dharmapuri, Dindigul, Erode, Kallakurichi, Karur, Madurai, Namakkal, Perambalur, Pudukottai, Ramnad, Salem, Sivagangai, Tirunelveli, Thirupattur, Thoothukudi, Tirupur, Tiruvannamalai, Trichy, Vellore, Villupuram and Virudhunagar.